Did you know that there is a distinct difference between power washing and soft washing? As a homeowner, it is essential to know the difference between these two professional exterior cleaning services when looking for power washing services.
Your home’s exterior surfaces experience various pressures and a wide variety of contaminating elements. Professionals in the power washing industry know when and how to use pressure washing and soft washing for each external surface of your home to avoid damage.
In this post, we delve deeper into power washing services to help you request the right services.
What Is Power Washing?
Power washing utilizes high-pressure water at 3,000 – 6,900 PSI to clean dirty surfaces embedded with dirt, grime, algae, moss, mold, mildew, and other degrading elements. However, power washing is not ideal for every surface, as it can cause real damage.
You can request high-pressure washing service from your local power washing company when:
- Cleaning concrete surfaces over three years old
- Preparing wooden decks for staining
- Prepping wooden or aluminum siding for painting
- Removing loose paint from aluminum or wooden siding
Power washing is not ideal for cleaning roofs. The high-pressure water can damage roof shingles and nullify your manufacturer’s warranty.
What Is Soft Washing?
Soft washing is a professional exterior cleaning process that uses high-pressure water at 1,000 PSI or less with special detergents to remove mold, mildew, algae, dirt, oil, or grime. This process delivers water at a higher volume but with a lower pressure combined with professional-grade detergents to ensure a clean surface.
You can safely use soft washing when:
- Cleaning concrete less than three years old
- Decks not prepped for painting or staining
- Ridding roofs of contaminants such as algae, mildew, mold, birds’ droppings, and other elements
- Siding – non-wooden, non-aluminum, or other sidings not meant for painting
Why Should You Get Professional Power Washing?
Power washing has numerous benefits for residential and commercial properties.
Some lasting benefits include:
- Maintains the value of your property
- Increases your home’s curb appeal
- Easily gets rid of graffiti
- Protects your health by removing contaminants like mold and mildew
- Primes surfaces for other improvements such as staining or painting
- Reduces the likelihood of future repairs
- Saves you time and money, avoiding the need to hire equipment and labor yourself
- Avoids the likelihood of injury on your property with fully licensed, insured, and bonded services.
Contact Us for Expert Power Washing Services
If you require power washing services, reach out to the professional and friendly power washers at Castle Window Cleaning & Power Washing.
Our highly skilled and experienced team will give you the advice you need on power washing and soft washing to ensure no damage comes to your valuable investment. We provide a high level of service and convenience and use only the best commercial-grade cleaning solutions and top-grade equipment.